A70 & A70-MP
Efficient Linux-capable 64-bit RISC-V CPU
Codasip A70 is a small, power-efficient 64-bit RISC-V application processor capable of running rich operating systems such as Linux. This processor is available in single, dual and quad-core configurations for increased performance without compromising efficiency.
Moreover, Codasip Studio offers a unique way to make A70 even more efficient for your applications, by adding custom instructions or tuning the CPU to your exact needs.
Features and benefits
The A70 is a 64-bit RISC-V application CPU (RV64GC / RV64IMAC). This single issue, in-order core targets low-power applications while supporting rich operating systems. Implementing a hardware multiplier/divider and an optional FPU, it can also perform some level of data processing.
The multi-core version A70-MP features a cluster with full coherency, a shared L2 cache, and an interrupt controller compliant to the RISC-V standard.
The A70 core is highly configurable for more flexibility. You can adapt it to your specific use case by controlling several options including:
- Number of cores – single- (A70), dual- (A70-MP2) and quad-core (A70-MP4)
- Memory protection with customizable memory map
- Branch prediction
- Instruction and Data caches –cache size, associativity, and line size
- Shared L2 cache (A70-MP) –cache size and associativity
Its capability to connect to AHB, AXI-Lite or AXI interconnects make it a versatile core that can adapt to either very compact systems or more complex multi-core configurations.
The A70/A70-MP core can be used on bare metal, with an RTOS, or with a rich OS such as Linux. It is designed to simplify software development, with essential features to support developers:
- Debug interface – using standard RISC-V Debug specification
- Instruction-accurate model – for fast execution of software, before hardware is available
- Cycle-accurate model – for software algorithm optimization, when time constraints require precise execution
- Full trace capability – in the cycle-accurate model, to hunt hard-to-find bugs
Customizable RISC-V application core
The unique Codasip tools and methodology, based on the high-level CodAL description language, allows you to go beyond the limitations of traditional CPU IP, and get stunning performance gains for your application, at a minimal area cost. Can you imagine what a x4 speed-up would mean for your chip?
When you need a core specifically tailored for its task, Codasip Studio is here to help you analyze your workloads, modify the core, and generate a more efficient, custom version of A70. Delivered in CodAL with an architecture license, the A70 CPU IP is fully customizable at microarchitecture and ISA level.
Licensing the A70 core
Choose the A70/A70-MP IP licensing model that fits your needs:
- A Codasip standard license contains all the benefits of a high-quality core, delivered in RTL, directly usable in your product.
- A Codasip enhanced architecture license includes the full CodAL high-level description language for A70/A70-MP, to allow you to fully customize it.
- Hardware Development Kit
- Software Development Kit – including instruction-accurate and cycle-accurate models
- FPGA bitstream
- Scripts and testbenches for front-end and back-end
- Enabling software
The FPGA evaluation platform for A70 and A70-MP comes with flash images for embedded Linux, targeting the Digilent boards.
The evaluation kit includes:
- FPGA bitstream
- Software Development Kit
- CodeSpace IDE
- Step-by-step quick start guide