Codasip SweRV Core™ Support Package
The SweRV Core Support Package provided exclusively by Codasip presents an easy, safe and cost-effective way to develop a SoC based on a SweRV Core. The SweRV core family offers a selection of free RISC-V® processor cores developed by Western Digital®. The package contains a complete set of components, set-up flows, and professional technical support to enable SweRV core deployment.
There are two version of the package to choose from: The Free version, hosted by the CHIPSAlliance GitHub repository, and Pro version, available directly from Codasip upon request.
“Choosing the open RISC-V architecture protects your investment in system software, thus minimizing risk; no longer is it necessary to depend on closed ecosystems or a single vendor. With Codasip SweRV Core Support Package, adopting an open core has never been easier!”
Why choose a SweRV Core and the Support Package?
SweRV Core Support Package:
The SweRV Cores
The SweRV Cores are RISC-V processor cores developed by Western Digital for use in their upcoming products. The RTL source of the cores is available free of charge from the CHIPSAlliance repository on GitHub, or as a part of a comprehensive, ready-to-go Support Package from Codasip.
There are currently three SweRV Cores to choose from: EH1, the powerful, two-way superscalar core, EH2, even more powerful core based on EH1 with added dual threading, and finally EL2, the ultra low-power minimalist core.
The SweRV Core EH1 is an advanced high-performance core with small footprint, suitable for embedded devices supporting data-intensive applications such as storage controllers, industrial IoT, real-time analytics in surveillance systems, and other smart systems.
- Architecture: RV32IMC
- Pipeline: 9-stage dual issue
- Threads: Single
- Size @ TSMC: .11mm @ 28nm
- Performance: 5.7 CoreMark/MHz*
SweRV Core Support Package
The SweRV Core Support Package makes it possible to implement a RISC-V-based SweRV Core at a fraction of the cost of competing technologies. The package covers everything needed to deploy the core, from comprehensive support for traditional 3rd party design flows to all the components necessary to design, implement, test, and write software for a SweRV-based system-on-chip.
- Easy-to-deploy IDE, with open-source EDA tools and scripts for commercial tools set up and ready to use
- RTL designs: Stable versions of the selected SweRV Core and an example SoC design (SweRVOlf)
- Software Development Tools: Compiler toolchain (GNU) and on-chip debugger (OpenOCD)
- Hardware Development Tools: Open-source simulators (Verilator, Whisper ISS) and support for leading commercial simulators, linters, synthesizers
- Comprehensive documentation, samples, libraries
- Expert technical support via online forums, e-mail, phone, and on-site
- Customization, optimization, and full verification of your core as on-request services